Friday, January 24, 2014

Lincoln Log

I never played with Lincoln logs as a child. I never thought they were cool, you just stack pieces of wood on top of each other. But i do remember one time playing with them in recess, and i made a log cabin. Most of the time when we had to stay inside for recess I would play house, and I always had to be the one with a husband, and be the mother. I loved the idea of being the one in charge with the boy, and the other girls would listen to me. One day i kissed the boy I was playing house with, I ended up getting mono and strep through at the age of 7. It was a miserable time for me, I was terrified of needles and had to get my finger pricked. I can remember the little pool of blood, and how the sound scared me more than the actual needle piercing my skin. Maybe that was what drove me to be scared of needles, but still at the age of 18 I'm terrified of needles. I cry almost every time I have to get a shot. Since i want to be a nurse hopefully it doesn't bother me to give other people shots, I don't think it will. My luck I'll pass out and I won't be able to do it. I will have to get over my fear, that's my dream job so I'll have to learn how to give shots. I really want to be a nurse, that's what i wanted since I was little, i contemplated if i really wanted to pursue that profession, but i keep going back to it. I feel like that's where God is calling me in life, and it's comforting that that's been my dream since a young age. I graduated early from High School so i could obtain that dream job faster, and go with my mom on mission trips to Haiti and help our orphans in our orphanage medically. I want to be able to just go to Haiti and love on the babies, and give them a simple vaccination that  could save their life. I want to love my job, and love what I'm doing with my life and i feel like i would really love that.

No comments:

Post a Comment