Monday, January 27, 2014

Having An Older Brother

Where do i begin.....

Having an older brother can be good, bad, or ugly. For me having an older brother helped shape me into the person i am today. Yes, ALL my childhood involved being picked on, and fighting with him, but i wouldn't change a second of it. I can remember all the fun, memorable stories we have. One day he forced me to eat a worm, he would always have me ask mom what cuss words meant, and would run over me with his bike. I could go on and on with thousands of crazy things we did, most of them mean not good. My brother graduated and moved out when i was 13, that was 5 years ago.... and we have just gradually grown apart. I miss having my brother there at home every night, even when he was picking on me. I know how much my brother regrets picking on me, but it did create a phase where I didn't want to be around him he was so mean to me. But now I can reflect on all that and just miss those times, that was how we acted. That was us, my parents may have gotten annoyed with it, but we didn't care that was how we had fun. I talk to my brother through texting a couple times a week, but we are both so busy we rarely have time to hang out. Its bittersweet to know that we will probably never go back to being inseparable, but we are growing up and starting our future. I know that he regrets a lot of things he did, and tries to give me advice on how I should do things so I don't make the same mistakes, but I feel like that's all he says to me anymore. I hope that someday soon we can begin spending more time together.

So if anyone is reading this i encourage you to never lose touch with your siblings, they are a HUGE part of who you are. They were always there doing silly stuff as a child, picking on you, cuddling up to you taking naps. So don't let talking to them slip away, make the effort to say in touch with them as much as possible or you will regret it.

Abbey

No comments:

Post a Comment