Monday, March 24, 2014

Story




            Tonight was the first night we hung out alone. My body overwhelmed by joy and excitement, butterflies fluttering nonstop. As we walk to the empty field, in the quite park he laid a blanket on the ground, and I sat down. To calm my nerves I glanced up at the sky above. My eyes are engulfed by the darkness, yet I see the twinkling stars glowing faintly in the night. The warm, summer breeze encircles us with a calming sensation. The grass flows in the wind, like waves around us. The crickets sing the melodies of the night, and the lighting bugs, dance and light up the night sky. As you look around, you see the empty playground where you played as a child and the soccer fields you ran on going after the ball. Now, you sit here grown up with a boy who you feel something for, Memories engulf my brain, and we laugh at telling stories of the days from childhood. He reaches out his hand, wraps his around mine, I feel the roughness of his hand. Hours pass, of just sitting there, talking, laughing, enjoying being with each other. I never wanted this moment of pure bliss to end. As we got up to leave, there was a sadness that filled the air of having to part ways. Then out of nowhere, he dropped the blanket grabbed my face and kissed me. The feeling of love, happiness, and so much more cannot be put into words. Still two years later, I still get butterflies, and speechless of this moment. That was the moment I fell for this boy, and now two years later my feelings for this boy are indescribable. This moment was one of the best times of my life.  

No comments:

Post a Comment