Sunday, April 13, 2014

Day #3, #4, and #5

Well I have been working most of the weekend which delayed my posts.

So Random Act of Kindness #3
Friday mornings normally my friend and I always go to breakfast. Well she just recently quit her job and has no money, so instead of deciding not to go I offered to pay for her meal. She was very hesitant at first, but eventually gave in. It was very nice that she let me do something so nice for him.

#4
So at my work they normally don't allow you to switch shifts with anyone, unless it is extreme circumstances. Needless to say I got a text asking if I could work on my day off, for a girl in order to attend her grandfather's visitation. Well of course the little self-centered part of me said "really on my day off?" But then I put myself in that situation, and realized I would want somebody to do the same for me. So of course I covered her shift, and she was so incredibly thankful I did, which made me happy to know she could attend something that was very important for her.

#5
At work, we get asked to do weekly cleaning tasks. Occasionally our managers might ask us to do something like mop, sweep, clean up things, so I made it my goal to do it all without the managers even asking. I swept and moped the floors, and it felt nice to do it all without even being asked. I didn't receive any praise for it, but it made me happy that I had the will to do it for myself, rather than for the praise.

No comments:

Post a Comment